Library Card: First Baptist Atlanta members may apply for a library card at the circulation desk during library business hours. Non-members may use resources in the library but may not check out resources.
Loan Period: All items are automatically loaned for two weeks.
Renewal Requests: Patrons may request a renewal online at https://www.fba.org/opac.Requests for extension of the loan period may be made by visiting the circulation desk, calling the library at 770-234-8269 or responding to the weekly e-mail reminder. (New items in great demand may not be renewed.) Renewal limit is two times for books; one time for audiovisual items and periodicals.
- Each card holder may borrow four books, two periodicals, and four audiovisual items.
- DVD/CD sets are limited to two, and kits are limited to one.
- Parents are responsible for items loaned to their children regardless of whose account is used.
Fines/Fees: Overdue fines are 10 cents per day for each item on loan. Patrons may not check out materials when their library account balance meets or exceeds $10. Fines may be paid with cash or by check. We cannot accept debit or credit cards.
Public Video Showings: Unless a video is marked "Licensed for Public Viewing," it is illegal to show it in a place open to the public. It is also unlawful to show it in any place where a substantial number of people who are not considered a normal circle of family or where the family's social acquaintances are gathered. DVDs marked "Home Use Only" may be shown in a public performance only after obtaining further licensing.
Lending Items to Others: When an item is checked out in your name, please do not lend it to another person. This is how the library loses many resources. Because the item is checked out to you, you are responsible for its overdue fine, return or replacement.
Return Drop Box: For your convenience, a return drop box is located outside the library entrance for use when the library is closed. Items that are too large to fit into the box should be returned to the library during its regular business hours.
Lost or Damaged Items: Patrons are responsible for the loss of, or damage to, an item. The replacement cost for lost or damaged items is the retail price of the item plus any accumulated overdue fines. The replacement cost for a library card is $2.
Children: A special room of resources for children (ages birth to 7 years) and juniors (ages 8 to 12 years) is available in the library. We ask that children 12 years old and younger be accompanied by an adult while in the library. Please do not leave your children in the library.
- Patrons are responsible for keeping their account information (name, mailing address, telephone numbers, and e-mail address) current.
- Patrons are responsible for paying any fines and fees; caring for all items loaned or used in the library.
- Patrons are responsible for notifying the librarian of any lost or damaged items or library cards.
- Patrons are responsible for returning or renewing items in accordance with library policies. Failure to do so will result in a loss of library privileges.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Must I be a member to check out books and DVDs?
• Checkout privileges are available to members of First Baptist Church Atlanta. Non-members are welcome to use items while inside the library.
Q. How do I get a library card?
- Complete an application and leave it with a librarian at the circulation desk. Your application will be processed, and you will receive an e-mail when your card is ready to pick up (usually the next business day, provided all requirements for church membership have been met).
Q. May a child have a library card in his own name?
- A child may obtain a card in his own name if he is a member of First Baptist Church Atlanta and at least 7 years old. The child's parent or guardian must sign the application, granting permission and assuming responsibility.
Q. When is the library open?
- The library is open on Sunday through Thursdays and hours are noted on the web site. Please note that the library closes for lunch at 11:30 a.m. on weekdays.
Q. How many items may I check out?
- Each card holder may check out four books and four audiovisual items and two periodicals. Sets are limited to two. Kits are limited to one.
Q. How long may I borrow the items?
• The loan period is two weeks for most items. Provided no other patrons have requested items, books may be renewed twice, and audio/visual items and periodicals may be renewed once.
Q. Are there any costs?
- There is no cost to join the library. Late fees are 10 cents per day per item. Fees to replace any lost or damaged items are equal to the cost of the item plus any accumulated late fees. The replacement fee for a lost library card is $2. Please note that only cash and checks are accepted in the Media Library.
Q. May I donate my used books and tapes to the library?
- Please see the current donations policy or contact the librarian regarding your specific donation.
Q. Where do I find ____________?
Do you have __________________?
- You may search the library catalog at fba.org/opa. You may search by author, title, keyword, format, or study program.
Q. Do you have Internet access?
- Wireless Internet access is available throughout the church using your own laptop or phone. The password is located on signs on each table in the library. We do not have computers, fax machines, or scanners available for public use. Please contact the librarian for any special needs.
Q. May I pay my fine by donating a book?
- No, we do not accept donated materials. Fines may be paid with cash or check.
Q. May I pay my fine with my debit or credit card?
- Due to the low fine activity, we are not set up to accept debit and credit cards in the library. Cash and checks are accepted.
Q. Help! I can't sign on to my account. What should I do?
- First, ensure that you are on the catalog page - https://www.fba.org/opac. Sign on using the Account box on the upper right corner of the home page, using the bar code number and the PIN that you noted on your application. If you forgot your PIN, click on "Forgot Password." Instructions will be sent to the e-mail address that we have on file for you. If you are using a mobile device, click on FULL OPAC button at the bottom of your screen to access the Account box. If you are still not able to sign on, your card may be expired. Bring it to the Media Library for a quick update.
Q. Do you have a copier?
- Yes, we have a self-service photocopier. Copies are 10 cents per page.
Q. Do you have audiobooks?
- Yes, audiobooks and audio Bibles on CD are located in the CD sections of the Main Library and in the e-library at fba.overdrive.com
Q. May I check my account or renew online?
- Patrons may check their respective accounts online at https://www.fba.org/opac. The patron's library card number and a PIN are required. Also, an e-mail reminder is sent weekly to all patrons who have items checked out. To request a renewal, simply reply to that e-mail asking for a renewal, call the library at 770-234-8269, or stop by the library!
- Please remember that a renewal request is just that: a request. A request not automatic and may be denied for circulation or other purposes. Please doublecheck that your request has been granted and obtain the new due date.
Q. Is the library’s catalog available online?
Q. May my children come to the library without me?
- No, minors must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver while in the library. Library staff members will gladly assist parents in selecting materials, and we welcome suggestions. The library does not provide child care.