Follow this simple guide to have a successful Serve ATL experience!
Ask God to lead you as you design your project for Serve ATL. How might He use your group to love on the community?
Envision what it might look like for you and your friends to serve the city of Atlanta.
Think through questions like:
- How is our Life Group uniquely gifted and connected to serve the city?
- Who do we know (business, non-profit organization, family, etc.) that we can bless through Serve ATL?
- Who in our community has a need?
Discuss project ideas with your group.
Serve ATL is a time for FBA to focus on reaching out to and serving our city. We’re asking that you serve the outside community on this day. Please schedule projects focused on members of FBA on another day.
Decide how your group will serve and register your project here.
Here are some project ideas:
- Clean up a widow’s or single mother’s yard.
- Deliver snacks, baked goods or lunch to a fire station or police station.
- Offer free car washes.
- Serve your neighborhood school.
- Deliver fresh flowers or snacks to assisted living home residents.
- Perform landscaping services like grass-cutting and shrub-trimming.
- Serve a family with a member with special needs.
- Community trash pick-up
- Spread pine straw or mulch at a local park.
- Wash windows for local businesses using professional window washing supplies available at local building supply stores.
- Put together dinner kits for families in need.
- Corral shopping carts at a local supermarket or shopping center.
- Pick up trash in parking lots at a local supermarket or shopping center.
- Laundromat Assistance: take rolls of quarters, coffee, juice and donuts and have fun serving customers
- Toilet and bathroom cleaning at local businesses
There are so many ideas for serving! Get creative and have a blast thinking through how to serve the city!
Will you need tools and supplies? How many people can serve? What will everyone need to do to make the project a success?
- Mobilize your group.
- Gather resources if needed.
- Make sure everyone participating has the details they need, like what to wear or bring.
- Assign responsibilities according to skills and gifts.
- Remind everyone to gather in the Warehouse at FBA between 8:30 - 9 a.m. on the morning of Serve ATL for prayer and a send-off. If your service project is across the city, you are not required to meet at the Warehouse first.
- Have fun serving Atlanta together!
- Take pics and videos and post to social media using #SERVEATL.