E-books (Scroll down to view general library Q&A.)
Q. What are e-books?
- An e-book is a text presented in a format that allows it to be read on your computer, laptop or mobile device. Many people find them much easier to read as they are backlit. The print size can be changed via the browser. Also, e-books return themselves, therefore there are no overdue fees. Our e-collection includes fiction and non-fiction works, conveniently accessible anytime.
Q. How do I access e-books?
- Library patrons may access e-books two ways.
1. Go to the online catalog at https://www.fba.org/opac
Enter a search term in the SEARCH box in the upper left corner. The search results will include items in both the physical library and the e-collection. Click on the OverDrive tab to view only the list of e-resources. Choose the item that you would like and click on the item’s link. Follow instructions for Reading a Sample or Borrowing.
2. Go directly to the e-book site at https://fba.overdrive.com
Q. My card has expired. What do I do?
- FBA Media Library cards expire each year. Bring your library card to the Media Library to update your account.
Q. I forgot my password. How do I get another one?
- Go to the online catalog at https://fba.org/opac. In the Account box in the upper right corner, click on Log On. Then click on Forgot Password? You will be prompted to enter your username, which is your library card number. Enter it and click Submit. Instructions for setting up a new password will be sent to the e-mail address that we have on file for your library account.
Q. I don’t see a Log On box.
- The box is located in the upper right corner of the full OPAC screen. If you are using the Atriuum app, first select Full OPAC at the bottom of the screen, then proceed with your task.
Q. When I try to log on, I receive a message that says that my Username and Password do not match, or I do not have an account. Help!
- Make sure that you are on the FBA Media Library Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) page and not the church’s or Media Library’s web sites. The OPAC may be found at fba.org/opac
Q. I want to check out a book, but it says Wait List. What do I do?
- Click on the book’s image and select Place a Hold. You will be prompted to enter your library card number and password/PIN if you are not already signed in to your account. When your book is available, you will receive an e-mail to the address that we have on file for your account.
General Library Questions
Q. Must I be a member to check out books and DVDs?
- Checkout privileges are available to members of First Baptist Church Atlanta. Non-members are welcome to use items while inside the library.
Q. How do I get a library card?
- Complete an application and leave it with a librarian at the circulation desk. Your application will be processed, and you will receive an e-mail when your card is ready to pick up (usually the next business day, provided all requirements for church membership have been met).
Q. May a child have a library card in his own name?
- A child may obtain a card in his own name if he is a member of First Baptist Church Atlanta and at least 7 years old. The child's parent or guardian must sign the application, granting permission and assuming responsibility.
Q. When is the library open?
- The library is open on Sundays from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. The hours are posted in the church bulletin each week and noted on the web page at www.fba.org/medialibrary. * Please note that the library closes for lunch at 11:30 a.m. on weekdays.
Q. How many items may I check out?
- Each card holder may check out four books and four audiovisual items and two periodicals. Sets are limited to two. Kits are limited to one.
Q. How long may I borrow the items?
- The loan period is two weeks for most items. Patrons may request renewals for a book two times, audiovisual and periodicals items one time.
Q. Are there any costs?
- There is no cost to join the library. Late fees are 10 cents per day per item. Fees to replace any lost or damaged items are equal to the cost of the item plus any accumulated late fees. The replacement fee for a lost library card is $2. Please note that only cash and checks are accepted in the Media Library.
Q. May I donate my used books and tapes to the library?
- Please see the current donations policy on the web site or pick up a printed copy at the Circulation Desk.
Q. Where do I find ____________?
Do you have __________________?
- You may search the library catalog using the computer located in the 248 section of the library (in the back) or from your home or office via the Internet. You may search by author, title, keyword, format, or study program. From your home or office, go to www.fba.org/opac.
Q. Do you have Internet access?
- Wireless Internet access is available throughout the church using your own laptop or phone. The password is located on signs on each table in the library. We do not have computers, fax machines, or scanners available for public use. Please contact the librarian for any special needs.
Q. How soon are sermons available in the library?
- Sermons are available for check out on CD approximately 10 days after the sermon is preached at First Baptist Atlanta. A listing of sermon titles, dates, and pastors is located in the sermons section for your convenience in locating the correct title.
Q. May I pay my fine by donating a book?
- No, we do not accept donated materials. Fines may be paid with cash or check.
Q. May I pay my fine with my debit or credit card?
- Due to the low fine activity, we are not set up to accept debit and credit cards in the library. Cash and checks are accepted.
Q. Help! I can't sign on to my account. What should I do?
- First, ensure that you are on the catalog page - www.fba.org/opac. Sign on using the Account box on the upper right corner of the home page, using the bar code number and the PIN that you noted on your application. If you forgot your PIN, click on "Forgot Password." Instructions will be sent to the e-mail address that we have on file for you. If you are still not able to sign on, your card may be expired. Bring it to the Media Library for a quick update.
Q. Do you have a copier?
- Yes, we have a self-service photocopier. Copies are 10 cents per page.
Q. Do you have audio books?
- Yes, audio books and audio Bibles on CD are located in the CD sections.
Q. May I check my account or renew online?
- Patrons may check their respective accounts online at www.fba.org/opac. The patron's library card number and a PIN are required. Also, an e-mail reminder is sent weekly to all patrons who have items checked out. To request a renewal, simply reply to that e-mail asking for a renewal, call the library at 770-234-8269, or stop by the library!
- Please remember that renewal requests are just that: requests. They are not automatic and may be denied for circulation or other purposes.
Q. Is the library’s catalog available online?
Q. May my children come to the library without me?
- No, minors must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver while in the library. Library staff members will gladly assist parents in selecting materials, and we welcome suggestions. The library does not provide child care.