First Baptist Church Atlanta is a diverse congregation of 15,000 members from all over the Atlanta metro area. Planted in 1848 when Atlanta was only a tiny railroad town, FBA has experienced consistent growth for more than 150 years. In 1971, Dr. Charles Stanley was called to serve as senior pastor when the church was located in downtown Atlanta at Peachtree and Fifth streets. Under Dr. Stanley’s leadership the church outgrew its building and purchased 55 acres and a building from the Avon Corporation in Dunwoody. In 1997, the congregation moved to its current location in the renovated building at 4400 North Peachtree Road. The church continues to restore and build as God leads in order to meet the growing needs of its many ministries. In addition to providing Sunday school classes for all ages and discipleship classes throughout the week, FBA supports 100 Faith Promise missionaries internationally and sends out more than 100 members on short-term mission trips each year.