The greatest need is for our short-term mission trips is prayer support. See How to Pray for the teams.
Financial support is also vital. Each team member is asked to raise his or her own support. The amount depends on the individual trip and may run from $1,000 to $3,000. Airfare is the biggest portion.
Why do we ask team members to raise their support?
- It teaches dependence upon the Lord.
- It is a living example of God's faithfulness to provide for His work.
- It is an opportunity to invite others to share in God's work. Not everyone has been called to go to other parts of the world, but we can be a part of the going through our gifts that make it possible for others to go.
Philippians 4:17 says, "Not that I am looking for a gift, but I am looking for what may be credited to your account." In the wisdom of God there is a spiritual "transaction" that occurs when we give to the work of the Lord. In the first place, it is a freewill offering. It isn't part of the tithe, which God requires. It is beyond the requirement, because it comes from a heart of love and joy to the Lord.
How to give:
- Supporting a mission team should be an "offering." In other words, please don't divert your tithe giving.
- PREFERRED: Give online support through our secure Web site or -
- Make your check payable to First Baptist Church Atlanta, for a tax-deductible receipt.
- Indicate the name of the trip and the person you are supporting. (Use the envelopes provided with a suport letter if possible.)
- You can drop your gift into the offering plate or offering slot, or you can mail it to:
First Baptist Church Atlanta
4400 North Peachtree Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30338